- 1. palatal, semivowel, glide
- usage: a semivowel produced with the tongue near the palate (like the initial sound in the English word `yeast')
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. palatal, palatine
- usage: relating to or lying near the palate; "palatal index"; "the palatine tonsils"
- 2. palatal, palatalized, palatalised, soft (vs. hard)
- usage: produced with the front of the tongue near or touching the hard palate (as `y') or with the blade of the tongue near the hard palate (as `ch' in `chin' or `j' in `gin')
All rights reserved.
See also: palatal (Dictionary)