- 1. coupling, mating, pairing, conjugation, union, sexual union, sexual activity, sexual practice, sex, sex activity
- usage: the act of pairing a male and female for reproductive purposes; "the casual couplings of adolescents"; "the mating of some species occurs only in the spring"
- 2. pairing, grouping
- usage: the act of grouping things or people in pairs
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pair, pair off, partner off, couple, unite, unify
- usage: form a pair or pairs; "The two old friends paired off"
- 2. match, mate, couple, pair, twin, join, bring together
- usage: bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
- 3. pair, geminate, occur
- usage: occur in pairs
- 4. pair, geminate, arrange, set up
- usage: arrange in pairs; "Pair these numbers"
- 5. copulate, mate, pair, couple, join, conjoin
- usage: engage in sexual intercourse; "Birds mate in the Spring"
All rights reserved.
See also: pairing (Dictionary)