WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. painter, artist, creative person
- usage: an artist who paints
- 2. painter, skilled worker, trained worker, skilled workman
- usage: a worker who is employed to cover objects with paint
- 3. painter, line
- usage: a line that is attached to the bow of a boat and used for tying up (as when docking or towing)
- 4. cougar, puma, catamount, mountain lion, painter, panther, Felis concolor, wildcat
- usage: large American feline resembling a lion
All rights reserved.
See also: painter (Dictionary)