- 1. paint, create
- usage: make a painting; "he painted all day in the garden"; "He painted a painting of the garden"
- 2. paint, coat, surface
- usage: apply paint to; coat with paint; "We painted the rooms yellow"
- 3. paint, represent, interpret
- usage: make a painting of; "He painted his mistress many times"
- 4. paint, cover
- usage: apply a liquid to; e.g., paint the gutters with linseed oil
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. painted (vs. unpainted), finished, stained, varnished, whitewashed, finished
- usage: coated with paint; "freshly painted lawn furniture"
- 2. painted, artificial (vs. natural), unreal
- usage: lacking substance or vitality as if produced by painting; "in public he wore a painted smile"
- 3. painted (vs. unpainted), rouged
- usage: having makeup applied; "brazen painted faces"
- 4. motley, calico, multicolor, multi-color, multicolour, multi-colour, multicolored, multi-colored, multicoloured, multi-coloured, painted, particolored, particoloured, piebald, pied, varicolored, varicoloured, colored (vs. uncolored), coloured, colorful
- usage: having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly; "a jester dressed in motley"; "the painted desert"; "a particolored dress"; "a piebald horse"; "pied daisies"
All rights reserved.
See also: painted (Dictionary)