- 1. trouble, ail, pain, hurt
- usage: cause bodily suffering to and make sick or indisposed
- 2. pain, anguish, hurt, upset, discompose, untune, disconcert, discomfit
- usage: cause emotional anguish or make miserable; "It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. offended, pained, displeased (vs. pleased)
- usage: hurt or upset; "she looked offended"; "face had a pained and puzzled expression"
All rights reserved.
See also: pained (Dictionary)