Synonyms of pain
- 1. pain, hurting, symptom
- usage: a symptom of some physical hurt or disorder; "the patient developed severe pain and distension"
- 2. pain, painfulness, feeling
- usage: emotional distress; a fundamental feeling that people try to avoid; "the pain of loneliness"
- 3. pain, pain sensation, painful sensation, somesthesia, somaesthesia, somatesthesia, somatic sensation
- usage: a somatic sensation of acute discomfort; "as the intensity increased the sensation changed from tickle to pain"
- 4. pain, pain in the neck, nuisance, unpleasant person, disagreeable person
- usage: a bothersome annoying person; "that kid is a terrible pain"
- 5. annoyance, bother, botheration, pain, infliction, pain in the neck, pain in the ass, negative stimulus
- usage: something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness; "washing dishes was a nuisance before we got a dish washer"; "a bit of a bother"; "he's not a friend, he's an infliction"
- 1. trouble, ail, pain, hurt
- usage: cause bodily suffering to and make sick or indisposed
- 2. pain, anguish, hurt, upset, discompose, untune, disconcert, discomfit
- usage: cause emotional anguish or make miserable; "It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of pain (Dictionary)