- 1. Pacific, Pacific Ocean
- usage: the largest ocean in the world
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Pacific
- usage: relating to or bordering the Pacific Ocean; "Pacific islands"
- 2. pacific, peaceable, peaceful (vs. unpeaceful), peaceable
- usage: disposed to peace or of a peaceful nature; "the pacific temper seeks to settle disputes on grounds of justice rather than by force"; "a quiet and peaceable person"; "in a peaceable and orderly manner"
- 3. pacific, conciliatory (vs. antagonistic), conciliative
- usage: promoting peace; "the result of this pacific policy was that no troops were called up"
All rights reserved.
See also: pacific (Dictionary)