- 1. pace, gait, rate
- usage: the rate of moving (especially walking or running)
- 2. footstep, pace, step, stride, indefinite quantity
- usage: the distance covered by a step; "he stepped off ten paces from the old tree and began to dig"
- 3. pace, rate, temporal property
- usage: the relative speed of progress or change; "he lived at a fast pace"; "he works at a great rate"; "the pace of events accelerated"
- 4. pace, stride, tread, step
- usage: a step in walking or running
- 5. tempo, pace, rate
- usage: the rate of some repeating event
- 6. yard, pace, linear unit, linear measure
- usage: a unit of length equal to 3 feet; defined as 91.44 centimeters; originally taken to be the average length of a stride
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pace, walk
- usage: walk with slow or fast paces; "He paced up and down the hall"
- 2. pace, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: go at a pace; "The horse paced"
- 3. pace, step, quantify, measure
- usage: measure (distances) by pacing; "step off ten yards"
- 4. pace, determine, shape, mold, influence, regulate
- usage: regulate or set the pace of; "Pace your efforts"
All rights reserved.
See also: pace (Dictionary)