WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. oxygenize, oxygenise, change, alter, modify
- usage: change (a compound) by increasing the proportion of the electronegative part; or change (an element or ion) from a lower to a higher positive valence: remove one or more electrons from (an atom, ion, or molecule)
- 2. oxygenize, oxygenise, dehydrogenate
- usage: dehydrogenate with oxygen
- 3. oxygenate, oxygenize, oxygenise, aerate, process, treat
- usage: impregnate, combine, or supply with oxygen; "oxygenate blood"
All rights reserved.
See also: oxygenize (Dictionary)