- 1. overthrow, termination, ending, conclusion
- usage: the termination of a ruler or institution (especially by force)
- 2. upset, derangement, overthrow, disturbance
- usage: the act of disturbing the mind or body; "his carelessness could have caused an ecological upset"; "she was unprepared for this sudden overthrow of their normal way of living"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. overthrow, subvert, overturn, bring down, depose, force out
- usage: cause the downfall of; of rulers; "The Czar was overthrown"; "subvert the ruling class"
- 2. overrule, overturn, override, overthrow, reverse, rule, decree
- usage: rule against; "The Republicans were overruled when the House voted on the bill"
All rights reserved.
See also: overthrow (Dictionary)