Synonyms of overthrow
- 1. overthrow, termination, ending, conclusion
- usage: the termination of a ruler or institution (especially by force)
- 2. upset, derangement, overthrow, disturbance
- usage: the act of disturbing the mind or body; "his carelessness could have caused an ecological upset"; "she was unprepared for this sudden overthrow of their normal way of living"
- 1. overthrow, subvert, overturn, bring down, depose, force out
- usage: cause the downfall of; of rulers; "The Czar was overthrown"; "subvert the ruling class"
- 2. overrule, overturn, override, overthrow, reverse, rule, decree
- usage: rule against; "The Republicans were overruled when the House voted on the bill"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of overthrow (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.