- 1. overhaul, inspection and repair, service, care, maintenance, upkeep
- usage: periodic maintenance on a car or machine; "it was time for an overhaul on the tractor"
- 2. renovation, redevelopment, overhaul, improvement
- usage: the act of improving by renewing and restoring; "they are pursuing a general program of renovation to the entire property"; "a major overhal of the healthcare system was proposed"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pass, overtake, overhaul, advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on
- usage: travel past; "The sports car passed all the trucks"
- 2. overhaul, modernize, modernise, regenerate, renew
- usage: make repairs, renovations, revisions or adjustments to; "You should overhaul your car engine"; "overhaul the health care system"
All rights reserved.
See also: overhaul (Dictionary)