Synonyms of overdressed
- 1. overdress, overclothe, dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel
- usage: dress too warmly; "You should not overclothe the child--she will be too hot"
- 2. overdress, dress up, fig out, fig up, deck up, gussy up, fancy up, trick up, deck out, trick out, prink, attire, get up, rig out, tog up, tog out, dress, get dressed
- usage: put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive; "She never dresses up, even when she goes to the opera"; "The young girls were all fancied up for the party"
- 1. overdressed, clothed (vs. unclothed), clad
- usage: dressed too elaborately
All rights reserved.