- 1. overcast, overcasting, whipstitch, whipping, whipstitching
- usage: a long whipstitch or overhand stitch overlying an edge to prevent raveling
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. overcast, cloud, darken
- usage: make overcast or cloudy; "Fall weather often overcasts our beaches"
- 2. overcast, sew, run up, sew together, stitch
- usage: sew over the edge of with long slanting wide stitches
- 3. overcast, sew, run up, sew together, stitch
- usage: sew with an overcast stitch from one section to the next; "overcast books"
All rights reserved.
See also: overcasting (Dictionary)