Synonyms of outstanding
- 1. outstanding, superior (vs. inferior)
- usage: distinguished from others in excellence; "did outstanding work in human relations"; "an outstanding war record"
- 2. outstanding, prominent, salient, spectacular, striking, conspicuous (vs. inconspicuous)
- usage: having a quality that thrusts itself into attention; "an outstanding fact of our time is that nations poisoned by anti semitism proved less fortunate in regard to their own freedom"; "a new theory is the most prominent feature of the book"; "salient traits"; "a spectacular rise in prices"; "a striking thing about Picadilly Circus is the statue of Eros in the center"; "a striking resemblance between parent and child"
- 3. outstanding, owing(predicate), undischarged, unpaid (vs. paid)
- usage: owed as a debt; "outstanding bills"; "the amount still owed"; "undischarged debts"
- 4. great, outstanding, important (vs. unimportant), of import
- usage: of major significance or importance; "a great work of art"; "Einstein was one of the outstanding figures of the 20th centurey"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of outstanding (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.