- 1. outside, exterior, region, part
- usage: the region that is outside of something
- 2. outside, exterior, surface
- usage: the outer side or surface of something
- 1. outside (vs. inside), after-school(prenominal), extracurricular, extracurricular, right(prenominal), external
- usage: relating to or being on or near the outer side or limit; "an outside margin"
- 2. external, extraneous, outside, extrinsic (vs. intrinsic)
- usage: coming from the outside; "extraneous light in the camera spoiled the photograph"; "relying upon an extraneous income"; "disdaining outside pressure groups"
- 3. outside, external (vs. internal)
- usage: originating or belonging beyond some bounds:"the outside world"; "outside interests"; "an outside job"
- 4. outdoor(prenominal) (vs. indoor), out-of-door, outside, alfresco, open-air(prenominal), outdoorsy, exterior
- usage: located, suited for, or taking place in the open air; "outdoor clothes"; "badminton and other outdoor games"; "a beautiful outdoor setting for the wedding"
- 5. outside, extramural (vs. intramural)
- usage: functioning outside the boundaries or precincts of an organized unit; "extramural hospital care and treatment"; "extramural studies"
- 6. outside(prenominal), exterior (vs. interior)
- usage: leading to or from the outside; "an outside door"
- 7. external, international, outside(prenominal), foreign (vs. domestic)
- usage: from or between other countries; "external commerce"; "international trade"; "developing nations need outside help"
- 8. outside, remote, unlikely (vs. likely)
- usage: very unlikely; "an outside chance"; "a remote possibility"; "a remote contingency"
- 9. outside, outer(prenominal) (vs. inner)
- usage: on or toward an outer edge; "an outer lane"; "the outside lane"
- 10. away, outside, inaccurate (vs. accurate)
- usage: (of a baseball pitch) on the far side of home plate from the batter; "the pitch was away (or wide)"; "an outside pitch"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. outside, outdoors, out of doors, alfresco
- usage: outside a building; "in summer we play outside"
- 2. outside
- usage: on the outside; "outside, the box is black"
All rights reserved.
See also: outside (Dictionary)