Synonyms of outrage
- 1. indignation, outrage, anger, choler, ire
- usage: a feeling of righteous anger
- 2. outrage, atrocity, inhumanity
- usage: a wantonly cruel act
- 3. scandal, outrage, trouble
- usage: a disgraceful event
- 4. scandalization, scandalisation, outrage, insult, affront
- usage: the act of scandalizing
- 1. shock, offend, scandalize, scandalise, appal, appall, outrage, disgust, revolt, nauseate, sicken, churn up
- usage: strike with disgust or revulsion; "The scandalous behavior of this married woman shocked her friends"
- 2. desecrate, profane, outrage, violate, assail, assault, set on, attack
- usage: violate the sacred character of a place or language; "desecrate a cemetery"; "violate the sanctity of the church"; "profane the name of God"
- 3. rape, ravish, violate, assault, dishonor, dishonour, outrage, assail, assault, set on, attack
- usage: force (someone) to have sex against their will; "The woman was raped on her way home at night"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of outrage (Dictionary)