- 1. cry, outcry, call, yell, shout, vociferation, utterance, vocalization
- usage: a loud utterance; often in protest or opposition; "the speaker was interrupted by loud cries from the rear of the audience"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. outshout, outcry, surpass, outstrip, outmatch, outgo, exceed, outdo, surmount, outperform
- usage: shout louder than
- 2. exclaim, cry, cry out, outcry, call out, shout, express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give tongue to
- usage: utter aloud; often with surprise, horror, or joy; "`I won!' he exclaimed"; "`Help!' she cried"; "`I'm here,' the mother shouted when she saw her child looking lost"
All rights reserved.
See also: outcry (Dictionary)