WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ounce, troy ounce, apothecaries' ounce, apothecaries' unit, apothecaries' weight, troy unit
- usage: a unit of apothecary weight equal to 480 grains or one twelfth of a pound
- 2. ounce, oz., avoirdupois unit
- usage: a unit of weight equal to one sixteenth of a pound or 16 drams or 28.349 grams
- 3. snow leopard, ounce, Panthera uncia, big cat, cat
- usage: large feline of upland central Asia having long thick whitish fur
All rights reserved.
See also: ounce (Dictionary)