- 1. Ottoman, Ottoman Turk, Osmanli, Turk
- usage: a Turk (especially a Turk who is a member of the tribe of Osman I)
- 2. Ottoman, Ottoman dynasty, dynasty
- usage: the Turkish dynasty that ruled the Ottoman Empire from the 13th century to its dissolution after World War I
- 3. ottoman, pouf, pouffe, puff, hassock, seat
- usage: thick cushion used as a seat
- 4. footstool, footrest, ottoman, tuffet, stool
- usage: a low seat or a stool to rest the feet of a seated person
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Ottoman
- usage: of or relating to the Ottoman Empire or its people or its culture
All rights reserved.
See also: ottoman (Dictionary)