WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. extraneous, immaterial, impertinent, orthogonal, irrelevant (vs. relevant)
- usage: not pertinent to the matter under consideration; "an issue extraneous to the debate"; "the price was immaterial"; "mentioned several impertinent facts before finally coming to the point"
- 2. orthogonal, unrelated (vs. related)
- usage: statistically unrelated
- 3. orthogonal, rectangular, perpendicular (vs. oblique) (vs. parallel)
- usage: having a set of mutually perpendicular axes; meeting at right angles; "wind and sea may displace the ship's center of gravity along three orthogonal axes"; "a rectangular Cartesian coordinate system"
All rights reserved.
See also: orthogonal (Dictionary)