- 1. olive, fruit
- usage: small ovoid fruit of the European olive tree; important food and source of oil
- 2. olive, European olive tree, Olea europaea, olive tree
- usage: evergreen tree cultivated in the Mediterranean region since antiquity and now elsewhere; has edible shiny black fruits
- 3. olive, wood
- usage: hard yellow often variegated wood of an olive tree; used in cabinetwork
- 4. olive, relish, drupe, stone fruit
- usage: one-seeded fruit of the European olive tree usually pickled and used as a relish
- 5. olive, chromatic color, chromatic colour, spectral color, spectral colour
- usage: a yellow-green color of low brightness and saturation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. olive, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of a yellow-green color similar to that of an unripe olive
All rights reserved.
See also: olive (Dictionary)