WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. okra, pod, seedpod
- usage: long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant
- 2. okra, gumbo, okra plant, lady's-finger, Abelmoschus esculentus, Hibiscus esculentus, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: tall coarse annual of Old World tropics widely cultivated in southern United States and West Indies for its long mucilaginous green pods used as basis for soups and stews; sometimes placed in genus Hibiscus
- 3. gumbo, okra, vegetable, veggie, veg
- usage: long mucilaginous green pods; may be simmered or sauteed but used especially in soups and stews
All rights reserved.
See also: okra (Dictionary)