- 1. oil, lipid, lipide, lipoid
- usage: a slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water
- 2. oil, oil color, oil colour, oil paint
- usage: oil paint containing pigment that is used by an artist
- 3. petroleum, crude oil, crude, rock oil, fossil oil, oil, oil, fossil fuel
- usage: a dark oil consisting mainly of hydrocarbons
- 4. vegetable oil, oil, edible fat
- usage: any of a group of liquid edible fats that are obtained from plants
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. oil, cover
- usage: cover with oil, as if by rubbing; "oil the wooden surface"
- 2. anoint, inunct, oil, anele, embrocate, bless
- usage: administer an oil or ointment to ; often in a religious ceremony of blessing
All rights reserved.
See also: oil (Dictionary)