- 1. offside, mistake, error, fault
- usage: (sport) the mistake of occupying an illegal position on the playing field (in football, soccer, ice hockey, field hockey, etc.)
- 1. offside (vs. onside), offsides
- usage: illegally beyond a prescribed line or area or ahead of the ball or puck; "the touchdown was nullified because the left tackle was offside"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. offside
- usage: illegally in advance of the ball or puck
All rights reserved.
See also: offside (Dictionary)