- 1. offing, future, hereafter, futurity, time to come
- usage: the near or foreseeable future; "there was a wedding in the offing"
- 2. offing, body of water, water
- usage: the part of the sea that can be seen from the shore and is beyond the anchoring area; "there was a ship in the offing"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. murder, slay, hit, dispatch, bump off, off, polish off, remove, kill
- usage: kill intentionally and with premeditation; "The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"
All rights reserved.
See also: offing (Dictionary)