Synonyms of office
- 1. office, business office, place of business, business establishment
- usage: place of business where professional or clerical duties are performed; "he rented an office in the new building"
- 2. agency, federal agency, government agency, bureau, office, authority, administrative unit, administrative body
- usage: an administrative unit of government; "the Central Intelligence Agency"; "the Census Bureau"; "Office of Management and Budget"; "Tennessee Valley Authority"
- 3. function, office, part, role, duty
- usage: the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group; "the function of a teacher"; "the government must do its part"; "play its role"
- 4. office, power, state
- usage: (of a government or government official) holding an office means being in power; "being in office already gives a candidate a great advantage"; "during his first year in office"; "during his first year in power"; "the power of the president"
- 5. office, office staff, staff
- usage: professional or clerical workers in an office; "the whole office was late the morning of the blizzard"
- 6. office, rite, religious rite
- usage: a religious rite or service prescribed by ecclesiastical authorities; "the offices of the mass"
- 7. position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation, occupation, business, job, line of work, line
- usage: a job in an organization; "he occupied a post in the treasury"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of office (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.