WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. occupation, business, job, line of work, line, activity
- usage: the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money; "he's not in my line of business"
- 2. occupation, military control, social control
- usage: the control of a country by military forces of a foreign power
- 3. occupation, activity
- usage: any activity that occupies a person's attention; "he missed the bell in his occupation with the computer game"
- 4. occupation, occupancy, moving in, acquiring, getting
- usage: the act of occupying or taking possession of a building; "occupation of a building without a certificate of occupancy is illegal"
- 5. occupation, time period, period of time, period
- usage: the period of time during which a place or position or nation is occupied; "during the German occupation of Paris"
All rights reserved.
See also: occupation (Dictionary)