WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. obstruction, obstructor, obstructer, impediment, impedimenta, structure, construction
- usage: any structure that makes progress difficult
- 2. obstruction, blockage, physical condition, physiological state, physiological condition
- usage: the physical condition of blocking or filling a passage with an obstruction
- 3. obstacle, obstruction, hindrance, hinderance, deterrent, impediment, balk, baulk, check, handicap
- usage: something immaterial that stands in the way and must be circumvented or surmounted; "lack of imagination is an obstacle to one's advancement"; "the poverty of a district is an obstacle to good education"; "the filibuster was a major obstruction to the success of their plan"
- 4. obstruction, hindrance, hinderance, interference
- usage: the act of obstructing; "obstruction of justice"
- 5. obstruction, maneuver, manoeuvre, play
- usage: getting in someone's way
All rights reserved.
See also: obstruction (Dictionary)