WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. obstruct, blockade, block, hinder, stymie, stymy, embarrass, prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of; "His brother blocked him at every turn"
- 2. obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close up, impede, hinder
- usage: block passage through; "obstruct the path"
- 3. obstruct, block, hide, conceal
- usage: shut out from view or get in the way so as to hide from sight; "The thick curtain blocked the action on the stage"; "The trees obstruct my view of the mountains"
All rights reserved.
See also: obstruct (Dictionary)