WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. observation, observance, watching, look, looking, looking at
- usage: the act of observing; taking a patient look
- 2. ceremony, ceremonial, ceremonial occasion, observance, affair, occasion, social occasion, function, social function
- usage: a formal event performed on a special occasion; "a ceremony commemorating Pearl Harbor"
- 3. notice, observation, observance, attention, attending
- usage: the act of noticing or paying attention; "he escaped the notice of the police"
- 4. honoring, observance, conformity, conformation, compliance, abidance
- usage: conformity with law or custom or practice etc.
All rights reserved.
See also: observance (Dictionary)