Synonyms of obscene
- 1. obscene, indecent (vs. decent)
- usage: designed to incite to indecency or lust; "the dance often becomes flagrantly obscene"-Margaret Mead
- 2. abhorrent, detestable, obscene, repugnant, repulsive, offensive (vs. inoffensive)
- usage: offensive to the mind; "an abhorrent deed"; "the obscene massacre at Wounded Knee"; "morally repugnant customs"; "repulsive behavior"; "the most repulsive character in recent novels"
- 3. lewd, obscene, raunchy, salacious, dirty (vs. clean)
- usage: suggestive of or tending to moral looseness; "lewd whisperings of a dirty old man"; "an indecent gesture"; "obscene telephone calls"; "salacious limericks"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of obscene (Dictionary)