- 1. kill, obliterate, wipe out, take away, take out
- usage: mark for deletion, rub off, or erase; "kill these lines in the President's speech"
- 2. obscure, blot out, obliterate, veil, hide, change, alter, modify
- usage: make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing; "a hidden message"; "a veiled threat"
- 3. obliterate, efface, blur, dim, slur
- usage: remove completely from recognition or memory; "efface the memory of the time in the camps"
- 4. obliterate, extinguish, eliminate, get rid of, do away with
- usage: do away with completely, without leaving a trace
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. blotted out, obliterate, obliterated, destroyed (vs. preserved)
- usage: reduced to nothingness
All rights reserved.
See also: obliterate (Dictionary)