Synonyms of obliging
- 1. compel, oblige, obligate, induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make
- usage: force somebody to do something; "We compel all students to fill out this form"
- 2. oblige, bind, hold, obligate, relate
- usage: bind by an obligation; cause to be indebted; "He's held by a contract"; "I'll hold you by your promise"
- 3. oblige, accommodate, comply, follow, abide by
- usage: provide a service or favor for someone; "We had to oblige him"
- 1. complaisant, obliging, accommodating (vs. unaccommodating), accommodative
- usage: showing a cheerful willingness to do favors for others; "to close one's eyes like a complaisant husband whose wife has taken a lover"; "the obliging waiter was in no hurry for us to leave"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of obliging (Dictionary)