WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. compel, oblige, obligate, induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make
- usage: force somebody to do something; "We compel all students to fill out this form"
- 2. oblige, bind, hold, obligate, relate
- usage: bind by an obligation; cause to be indebted; "He's held by a contract"; "I'll hold you by your promise"
- 3. oblige, accommodate, comply, follow, abide by
- usage: provide a service or favor for someone; "We had to oblige him"
All rights reserved.
See also: oblige (Dictionary)