- 1. compel, oblige, obligate, induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make
- usage: force somebody to do something; "We compel all students to fill out this form"
- 2. obligate, entrust, intrust, trust, confide, commit
- usage: commit in order to fulfill an obligation; "obligate money"
- 3. oblige, bind, hold, obligate, relate
- usage: bind by an obligation; cause to be indebted; "He's held by a contract"; "I'll hold you by your promise"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. obligate (vs. facultative)
- usage: restricted to a particular condition of life; "an obligate anaerobe can survive only in the absence of oxygen"
All rights reserved.
See also: obligate (Dictionary)