WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. expostulation, remonstrance, remonstration, objection, communication, communicating
- usage: the act of expressing earnest opposition or protest
- 2. objection, speech act
- usage: the speech act of objecting
- 3. protest, objection, dissent, resistance
- usage: the act of protesting; a public (often organized) manifestation of dissent
- 4. objection, procedure
- usage: (law) a procedure whereby a party to a suit says that a particular line of questioning or a particular witness or a piece of evidence or other matter is improper and should not be continued and asks the court to rule on its impropriety or illegality
All rights reserved.
See also: objection (Dictionary)