- 1. food, nutrient, substance
- usage: any substance that can be metabolized by an animal to give energy and build tissue
- 2. nutrient, substance
- usage: any substance (such as a chemical element or inorganic compound) that can be taken in by a green plant and used in organic synthesis
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. alimentary, alimental, nourishing, nutrient, nutritious, nutritive, wholesome (vs. unwholesome)
- usage: of or providing nourishment; "good nourishing stew"
All rights reserved.
See also: nutrient (Dictionary)