- 1. raising, rearing, nurture, upbringing
- usage: the properties acquired as a consequence of the way you were treated as a child
- 2. breeding, bringing up, fostering, fosterage, nurture, raising, rearing, upbringing, socialization, socialisation, acculturation, enculturation
- usage: helping someone grow up to be an accepted member of the community; "they debated whether nature or nurture was more important"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. foster, nurture, encourage
- usage: help develop, help grow; "nurture his talents"
- 2. rear, raise, bring up, nurture, parent
- usage: bring up; "raise a family"; "bring up children"
- 3. nourish, nurture, sustain, provide, supply, ply, cater
- usage: provide with nourishment; "We sustained ourselves on bread and water"; "This kind of food is not nourishing for young children"
All rights reserved.
See also: nurture (Dictionary)