- 1. numb, benumb, blunt, dull, desensitize, desensitise
- usage: make numb or insensitive; "The shock numbed her senses"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. asleep(predicate), benumbed, numb, insensible (vs. sensible)
- usage: lacking sensation; "my foot is asleep"; "numb with cold"
- 2. dead(predicate), numb(predicate), insensitive (vs. sensitive)
- usage: (followed by `to') not showing human feeling or sensitivity; unresponsive; "passersby were dead to our plea for help"; "numb to the cries for mercy"
- 3. numb, afraid(predicate) (vs. unafraid)
- usage: so frightened as to be unable to move; stunned or paralyzed with terror; petrified; "too numb with fear to move"
All rights reserved.
See also: numb (Dictionary)