Synonyms of nucleus
- 1. nucleus, cell nucleus, karyon, organelle, cell organelle, cell organ
- usage: a part of the cell containing DNA and RNA and responsible for growth and reproduction
- 2. nucleus, center, centre, midpoint
- usage: the positively charged dense center of an atom
- 3. core, nucleus, core group, set
- usage: a small group of indispensable persons or things; "five periodicals make up the core of their publishing program"
- 4. nucleus, center, centre, midpoint
- usage: (astronomy) the center of the head of a comet; consists of small solid particles of ice and frozen gas that vaporizes on approaching the sun to form the coma and tail
- 5. nucleus, neural structure
- usage: any histologically identifiable mass of neural cell bodies in the brain or spinal cord
- 6. lens nucleus, nucleus, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: the central structure of the lens that is surrounded by the cortex
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of nucleus (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.