Synonyms of nuclei
- 1. nucleus, cell nucleus, karyon, organelle, cell organelle, cell organ
- usage: a part of the cell containing DNA and RNA and responsible for growth and reproduction
- 2. nucleus, center, centre, midpoint
- usage: the positively charged dense center of an atom
- 3. core, nucleus, core group, set
- usage: a small group of indispensable persons or things; "five periodicals make up the core of their publishing program"
- 4. nucleus, center, centre, midpoint
- usage: (astronomy) the center of the head of a comet; consists of small solid particles of ice and frozen gas that vaporizes on approaching the sun to form the coma and tail
- 5. nucleus, neural structure
- usage: any histologically identifiable mass of neural cell bodies in the brain or spinal cord
- 6. lens nucleus, nucleus, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: the central structure of the lens that is surrounded by the cortex
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of nuclei (Dictionary)