- 1. notch, indentation, indenture
- usage: a V-shaped indentation; "mandibular notch"
- 2. pass, mountain pass, notch, location
- usage: the location in a range of mountains of a geological formation that is lower than the surrounding peaks; "we got through the pass before it started to snow"
- 3. notch, indentation, indenture
- usage: a V-shaped or U-shaped indentation carved or scratched into a surface; "there were four notches in the handle of his revolver"
- 4. notch, nick, snick, cut, cutting
- usage: a small cut
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. notch, incise
- usage: cut or make a notch into; "notch the rope"
- 2. notch, record, enter, put down
- usage: notch a surface to record something
All rights reserved.
See also: notch (Dictionary)