WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. notation, notational system, writing
- usage: a technical system of symbols used to represent special things
- 2. note, annotation, notation, comment, commentary
- usage: a comment or instruction (usually added); "his notes were appended at the end of the article"; "he added a short notation to the address on the envelope"
- 3. notation, writing, committal to writing
- usage: the activity of representing something by a special system of marks or characters
All rights reserved.
See also: notation (Dictionary)