- 1. north wind, northerly, norther, boreas, wind, air current, current of air
- usage: a wind that blows from the north
- 1. northerly, northern, north (vs. south)
- usage: situated in or oriented toward the north; "the northern suburbs"; "going in a northerly direction"
- 2. northerly, northern, north (vs. south)
- usage: coming from the north; used especially of wind; "the north wind doth blow"; "a northern snowstorm"; "the winds are northerly"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. north, northerly, northwards, northward
- usage: in a northern direction; "they earn more up north"; "Let's go north!"
All rights reserved.
See also: northerly (Dictionary)