- 1. northeast, nor'-east, northeastward, NE, compass point, point
- usage: the compass point midway between north and east; at 45 degrees
- 2. Northeast, northeastern United States
- usage: the northeastern region of the United States
- 3. northeast, direction
- usage: the direction corresponding to the northeastward compass point
- 4. northeast, location
- usage: a location in the northeastern part of a country, region, or city
- 1. northeastern, northeasterly, northeast, north (vs. south)
- usage: situated in or oriented toward the northeast; "the northeasterly part of the island"
- 2. northeasterly, northeast, north (vs. south)
- usage: coming from the northeast; "northeasterly winds"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. northeast, north-east, nor'-east
- usage: to, toward, or in the northeast
All rights reserved.
See also: northeast (Dictionary)