- 1. Scandinavian, Norse, Northman, European
- usage: an inhabitant of Scandinavia
- 2. Norwegian, Norseman, Norse, European
- usage: a native or inhabitant of Norway
- 3. Scandinavian, Scandinavian language, Nordic, Norse, North Germanic, North Germanic language, Germanic, Germanic language
- usage: the northern family of Germanic languages that are spoken in Scandinavia and Iceland
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Scandinavian, Norse
- usage: of or relating to Scandinavia or its peoples or cultures; "Norse sagas"; "Norse nomads"
- 2. Norwegian, Norse
- usage: of or relating to Norway or its people or culture or language; "Norwegian herring"
All rights reserved.
See also: norse (Dictionary)