- 1. convention, normal, pattern, rule, formula, practice
- usage: something regarded as a normative example; "the convention of not naming the main character"; "violence is the rule not the exception"; "his formula for impressing visitors"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. normal (vs. abnormal), average, mean(prenominal), median(prenominal), average, modal(prenominal), average, natural, regular, typical, sane, standard
- usage: conforming with or constituting a norm or standard or level or type or social norm; not abnormal; "serve wine at normal room temperature"; "normal diplomatic relations"; "normal working hours"; "normal word order"; "normal curiosity"; "the normal course of events"
- 2. normal (vs. paranormal)
- usage: in accordance with scientific laws
- 3. normal (vs. abnormal)
- usage: being approximately average or within certain limits in e.g. intelligence and development; "a perfectly normal child"; "of normal intelligence"; "the most normal person I've ever met"
- 4. normal, perpendicular (vs. oblique) (vs. parallel)
- usage: forming a right angle
All rights reserved.
See also: normal (Dictionary)