- 1. Nonconformist, chapelgoer, Protestant
- usage: a Protestant in England who is not a member of the Church of England
- 2. nonconformist, recusant, dissenter, dissident, protester, objector, contestant
- usage: someone who refuses to conform to established standards of conduct
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nonconformist (vs. conformist), unconformist
- usage: not conforming to some norm or socially approved pattern of behavior or thought; "their rabidly nonconformist deportment has made them legendary"; "the old stubborn nonconformist spirit of the early settlers"
- 2. nonconforming, nonconformist, unorthodox (vs. orthodox)
- usage: not conforming to established customs or doctrines especially in religion
All rights reserved.
See also: nonconformist (Dictionary)