Synonyms of noise
- 1. noise, sound
- usage: sound of any kind (especially unintelligible or dissonant sound); "he enjoyed the street noises"; "they heard indistinct noises of people talking"; "during the firework display that ended the gala the noise reached 98 decibels"
- 2. noise, dissonance, racket, sound, auditory sensation
- usage: the auditory experience of sound that lacks musical quality; sound that is a disagreeable auditory experience; "modern music is just noise to me"
- 3. noise, interference, disturbance, trouble
- usage: electrical or acoustic activity that can disturb communication
- 4. noise, cry, outcry, call, yell, shout, vociferation
- usage: a loud outcry of protest or complaint; "the announcement of the election recount caused a lot of noise"; "whatever it was he didn't like it and he was going to let them know by making as loud a noise as he could"
- 5. noise, incomprehensibility
- usage: incomprehensibility resulting from irrelevant information or meaningless facts or remarks; "all the noise in his speech concealed the fact that he didn't have anything to say"
- 6. randomness, haphazardness, stochasticity, noise, irregularity, unregularity
- usage: the quality of lacking any predictable order or plan
- 1. make noise, resound, noise, sound, go
- usage: emit a noise
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of noise (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.