WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. victimize, swindle, rook, goldbrick, nobble, diddle, bunco, defraud, scam, mulct, gyp, gip, hornswoggle, short-change, con, cheat, rip off, chisel
- usage: deprive of by deceit; "He swindled me out of my inheritance"; "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"; "the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change"
- 2. pilfer, cabbage, purloin, pinch, abstract, snarf, swipe, hook, sneak, filch, nobble, lift, steal
- usage: make off with belongings of others
- 3. kidnap, nobble, abduct, snatch, seize
- usage: take away to an undisclosed location against their will and usually in order to extract a ransom; "The industrialist's son was kidnapped"
- 4. nobble, disable, disenable, incapacitate
- usage: disable by drugging; "nobble the race horses"
All rights reserved.
See also: nobble (Dictionary)